Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Links for Wednesday (2/6)

Please upload your poem/song lyric html pages to this google drive folder:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BwMLOeZY_KN0ZzJMZmtBVXhCYXc?usp=sharing

TAGS WE'LL BE LOOKING AT TODAY:

The "href" tag:

http://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_a_href.asp

The "img" tag:

http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_img.asp

Styling images with CSS:

https://www.w3schools.com/css/css3_images.asp

Here's a downloadable zipped file with css and an image to play with:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1gudsccl0v5wlhs/image-styling-css.zip?dl=0

Here's a paragraph from a story we'll be talking about today -- and creating some hyperlinks with, today or Thursday, as well:

I said out loud: I must flee. I sat up noiselessly, in a useless perfection of silence, as if Madden were already lying in wait for me. Something--perhaps the mere vain ostentation of proving my resources were nil--made me look through my pockets. I found what I knew I would find. The American watch, the nickel chain and the square coin, the key ring with the incriminating useless keys to Runeberg's apartment, the notebook, a letter which I resolved to destroy immediately (and which I did not destroy), a crown, two shillings and a few pence, the red and blue pencil, the handkerchief, the revolver with one bullet. Absurdly, I took it in my hand and weighed it in order to inspire courage within myself. Vaguely I thought that a pistol report can be heard at a great distance. In ten minutes my plan was perfected. The telephone book listed the name of the only person capable of transmitting the message; he lived in a suburb of Fenton, less than a half hour's train ride away.

Here's the wikipedia page for the story, which contains a link to the full text of it.

Lastly, here's a link on aligning elements - optional for you to look at (we will go into this more in depth at a future date):

https://www.w3schools.com/css/css_align.asp

8 comments:

sharingpostingking said...

Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site. Your web log isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too. Webdesign bureau

sharingpostingking said...

We have sell some products of different custom boxes.it is very useful and very low price please visits this site thanks and please share this post with your friends. Webdesign

sharingpostingking said...

Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site. Your web log isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too. Warmtepomp

Unknown said...

Webdesigner waar u een professionele en betaalbare website kan laten maken? De nr. 1 webdesigner in Limburg, Antwerpen en Vlaams-Brabant voor SEO websites. Webdesigner

Anonymous said...

I would also motivate just about every person to save this web page for any favorite assistance to assist posted the appearance. Webdesign bureau

seo work said...

This is a great article thanks for sharing this informative information. I will visit your blog regularly for some latest post. I will visit your blog regularly for Some latest post. Webdesign

seo work said...

Hi, I log on to your new stuff like every week. Your humoristic style is witty, keep it up Webdesign bureau

aditya55 said...

CSS Layout - Horizontal Align