Thursday, March 28, 2019

Website, 5 week plan, and problem log



5 Week Plan: 

Week 1: Finish the About page and start brainstorming ideas for a homepage video. Gather a shot list,   and come up with a plan of how you want it to flow. 

Week 2: Finish uploading all photos into the photography page and have them organized by type. Begin shooting video for the homepage video. Figure out times to use the sound room so that other people can help with equipment. Upload Videos into the video section and decide how you want to organize them. 

Week 3: Start putting in all your best writing into the website and divide by type of writing. Finish up any other filming that needs to be done for the homepage video and begin editing.

Week 4: Have a rough draft version of your website ready to go, including the homepage video which should be completed sometime within this week.

Week 5: finishing touches on the website, as well as "marketing" it to people, and working out any kinks with it, and making sure it is "live"

Problem Log:

4/8: Wix has a really cool blog feature that is somewhat customizable, but I am struggling to find good tools to lay out all of my writing for the portfolio. I am trying to customize their blog feature as much as possible, but I am starting to realize that Wix isn't as customizable as I was hoping. 

4/15: I have run out of the free video space provided by Wix, which means I will have to start looking at a paid plan. Their video customization is also very limited which is annoying. Having issues with my computer not running Wix very efficiently. My computer runs my website super slow and it seems that sometimes it won't save my changes. I've had to re-do changes multiple times.

4/17: I am trying to optimize my website for mobile, however, there are issues with my writing section of the website. For some reason, there is a search bar for videos in the writing section which is not there in the desktop version and my stories that fall under different categories, journalism, research, and creative only work in the desktop version and not the mobile. This is frustrating because the majority of people who are going to look at the site will most likely be viewing it on their phone, so I want this feature to run correctly.  

No comments: