Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Kirby - Problem solving log

Problem: Background image is distorted
Solution: Took a better picture with a higher resolution and cropped it in photoshop.

Problem: I'd like to make a page just for photos maybe using flickr.
Solution: I created an account and embeded it in the site. http://www.flickr.com/photos/77619906@N06/sets/72157629893824355/

Problem: Make the map of the route a google map.
Solution: Used the My maps application on google and created an interactive map of the route. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TftFnot5uXw
Then I adjusted the width so it matched the width of the picture that displays below it.  <iframe width="508".

Problem: My boarder in the Right Div tag needed to blend better with the background but we could not change the opacity with out changing the opacity of the entire div.
Solution: Using the eyedropper tool on photoshop we were able to make a background for the boarder and set the transparency to 85%. It worked well and did not effect the transparency od the text and images in the div.

Problem: Easy to fix but, I wanted the water horizon in the picture on the home page to match with the  background image.
Solution: I just adjusted the margin-top to 63px in the left and right Div tag. It seemed to be as close of a match as possible.

No comments: