Monday, January 22, 2018

Student Profiles

Rhett Gause:


My name is Rhett Gause and I am a freelance media producer.






































As a photojournalist, film maker, musician, and an artist I have always been driven by an unquenchable curiosity to explore and tell stories that are beneath the surface.  My passion for climbing, mountaineering, adventure, and exploration permeates my work around cultural, humanitarian, and environmental issues, a crossroads of fields that I truly believe needs critical thinking and heart.

I draw upon my own experiences in the field and have centered my work on the culture of those who live a life in the outdoors.  I myself live and have lived this way for a while now, at points living months out of a car and tent, and climbing everywhere from California to Colorado, Utah to Wyoming, and Maine to British Columbia working on my craft—always in pursuit of wide-open country.

After studying under Tony O’Brien, a proclaimed photojournalist, in his documentary program in Santa Fe, NM, I have made the move and am currently attending Sierra Nevada College for Digital Arts and Marketing for the purpose of honing in on my craft.

I am continuing to pursue these subjects with a daring passion and I am looking forward to larger objectives at home and abroad.






No comments: