Friday, May 4, 2012


Brett Varga
Problems Log  www.bringyalunch.com  
5/4/2012

My website is a personal portfolio for me in a nutshell. I want people, mainly around the ages of (17- 40) to visit my website. I want to display my art in simple easy to navigate pages. I also want to establish, Bringyalunch.com, as an artist hub. Any artist that wants to put up work and contact info can do it on my site with my permission. I also want to make it possible for people to purchase certain works or clothes from my website.

Problems:
1. I want to be able to drag over the headers and have them change to images when the mouse is over then. When the images are clicked I want them to animate. I have some experience doing this in flash, but I want to try it out in html.
(Got the images to change with the swap image behavior)

2. I want to create a pay pal account, so visitors to my site have the opportunity to purchase my art and any other artist’s art via credit card. (Haven’t implemented yet because still do not have any shirts to sell)

3. I want to have the main image on the homepage change every time you go back to the home page.
(Change the image for the homepage to a wider image, help get the container align more to the left of the website image à “Last Lunch”…no longer want the image to change

4. I have no idea how to create a slideshow that shows one image at a time. When you click on each images it should go to the next image or click left or right to navigate though each slideshow. ((((Got the images for "fine art" and "digital" to show slideshow, which is archived at Flickr.com))
àscript: galleria-1.2.7.min.js, galleria-flickr-call.js


5. I'm having a hard time figuring out the layout for my email page, I'm not sure how I want the information showcased on the page......((I want to change the email page into "about me/ contact"... on the page it will show the artistic statement also will be a link to my email and bringyalunch@facebook)))
à (I change the “email” footer to show “about me/ contact”)
à (Placed a picture of me working & under the picture a description “What is Bring Yaw Lunch?”

6. Need to get the artists' desired art and description/bio to be showcased on "friends" page
à (Now I have artists with images and links to respective emails and/or websites.  I also have a description for each artist and a slideshow, video, and/or music of their respective work)

7.Need to finish bubble designs for " Friends" and "About Me/ Contact" to showcase indiv. Bios
(I change my mind about the bubble wording idea, It is shown as normal text format because it is easier to to change and update the website)

8. I need to figure out how to embed youtube videos
à Use script: galleria-1.2.7.min.js same as the flickr script make sure its in its own folder mine is titled “youtube” inside that folder have another called “themes” inside that have “classic” and have the scripts
 galleria.classic.css & galleria.classic.min.js. Should be available at http://galleria.io/

9. Figured out how to share bringyalunch.com on facebook and twitter
Embed code – place under
</head>
<script type="text/javascript">var switchTo5x=true;</script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://w.sharethis.com/button/buttons.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://s.sharethis.com/loader.js"></script>

à Place code at button right before </html>
<script> var options={ "publisher": "eb2066fd-f958-4eb1-be8b-4d45b67a25df", "position": "left", "ad": { "visible": false, "openDelay": 5, "closeDelay": 0}, "chicklets": { "items": ["facebook", "twitter"]}}; var st_hover_widget = new sharethis.widgets.hoverbuttons(options); </script>

10. Figured out how to embed videos from Vimeo. If you watch a video click the “share” button and copy the embed code:
             <iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/36592243" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>


No comments: