Monday, April 20, 2015

Problem Log 04/20 ErraticNomad

  • After lots of struggling I was eventually able to download the Wordpress software. I achieved this by:
    • Finding a youtube video that helped instruct me through the process of:
      • Downloading MAMP
      • Installing Wordpress with MAMP
  • Created new blog content
    • Lava Beds Post
    • Santa Rosa Creek Post
    • Still working on second interview post
  • Stuggled with creating my own menu for the blog until I found the menu tab under apperance. 
    • Continued to struggle with until the primary menu button made itself obvious
  • Created "About me" blurb in sidebar 
    • Proof read and edited
  • Google maps plugin IHATEYOU. Still can't figure this shit out. Need to:
    • Figure out how to put map in a specific post
    • Highlight specific route

What I would like to have done before the end of the semester:
  • Create the content that will fill my "City Guides" Page
    • Central Coast (Morro Bay, Cayucos, Los Osos, and Cambria)
    • San Luis Obispo
    • North Lake Tahoe (Tahoe City, Incline Village, Kings Beach)
    • Truckee
    • Avila Beach
    • Dunsmir
    • Ashland
    • Big Sur
    • Etc. (Aljezur, Portugal?)
  • Create content for "About" page
  • Create content for Music page
    •  Cool places to see live music and reviews of said venues (CBC, Avila Beach, Coffee Bar, etc.)
    • Upcoming shows
    • Shows that I went to (Shakey Graves, Boombox, etc.)
  • Create content for blog page
  • Create custom google map for map page with all the locations I've been to
  • Create Logo
  • Namecheap web hosting

No comments: