Dupont and Co
The primary attraction of this website is the seemingly simple design.
1. The palette is composed primarily of black and white with very few colors. This is interesting for a visually important site that isn't meant to provide tons of information or text.
2. The images and text float and shift over the background image. This works very well with the particular background that allows a lot of open space.
3. The background has lines that feel organic and break away from the box form.
4. Everything is visual, this website is not supposed to replicate reading a book.
5. The links are clear and descriptive, some unique names give it a less boring feel.
It's almost like visiting a picture that has links posted over it, a much different feel from most websites.