After viewing dozens of attorney websites, I have settled on the site of San Francisco law firm Walkup, Melodia, Kelly and Schoenberger.
The five things I like most about the site and hope to replicate are:
1) The overall look of the site. It is extraordinarily classy and inviting. There is very little clutter. I'd lose the gigantic map that is out of place when you scroll down.
2) The palette. Way too many firms use blues. The light browns look traditional and professional but also have a softness to them.
3) The fonts. They are simple but very pleasant on the eye, easily readable and professional in nature.
4) The image bar below the menu bar. Three panels of well-crafted legally-oriented photos that feature the same brown palette compatibility. Under "areas of specialty" on the drop down menu bar, the gavel is the left anchor, while other photos related to the area are delivered to the right.
5) The drop-down menus. The same nice brown color scheme. Nothing fancy but the fonts change from white to black when chosen. Again, easy to read and accessible.